Madeleine is just amazing with family members. She is loving, kind and willing to be raw and vulnerable in her work. She clearly gets it. And she has this magical ability to shift seamlessly from knowledgeable facilitator to compassionate friend who is walking the same journey in the trenches of this horrible disease. I wish that I, and my family, had met her when I was still drinking.
- I also have an addiction and am in recovery. Why should I to work a family recovery program when I’m already working my own addiction recovery program?
- I grew up with addiction, now I have a loved one who is also addicted. How do I address both issues?
- Why won’t my insurance cover in-patient treatment? I thought the Affordable Care Act made addiction care a requirement for all insurance plans.
- My loved one claims they’re smoking marijuana for medical reasons. How do I know if they really need marijuana for their problems?
- I’ve heard that 12-Step programs don’t work. Is that true?